1.1 HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your information in a number of ways like when you donate us or register as a volunteer. There are no other ways to collect your personal information through the website.
1.2 USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information can be used in the following way by Indian Red Cross Society Amritsar:
- It specified that the information provided by you is your own and we might verify the same for authenticity to ensure that only the relevant, interested, motivated and dedicated persons get involved in the social causes of humanity who will stand by us in the times of need like Covid-19 pandemic.
- To reflect accurate record of financial transactions in the form of donations that we receive(d) from you.
- To conduct research and analytics on the donations collected and develop strategic policy on the basis of collected data and how we can serve you in a better way.
- To send you Email/SMS that having receipt of donation so that you may get tax benefits. The information is also reported to the Government agencies as required by the law.
- To ensure that the donors like you are updated from time to time through SMS/Email for upcoming fundraising activities. We shall send you emails/SMS only when you will subscribe to our newsletter. We don’t share or sell your personal information until unless required by the law.
A cookie is small piece in the form of a file stored by browser on your system to reflect the data belonging to the website. It may help decrease the loading time of the website content by holding static information and presenting relevant information that you prefer based on your browsing history.
A cookie is accessed only by the relevant website and still the website cannot reach other areas of your hard disk.
You have an option to control the cookies through the settings of your browser.
It is advised that you should not block cookies stored by Indian Red Cross Society Amritsar, website. In case you block these, we shall not be able to store temporary information required to process your donations that may affect your experience with the website as well.
1.4 SECURITY & PROTECTION OF DATA
While accepting donations, we don’t ask for your financial instruments like Credit Card/Debit Card information rather simply redirect you to the bank’s payment collection page.
1.5 PROCESSING PAYMENTS TOWARDS DONATIONS
All the data you entered on the donation page is encrypted using industry standard AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) encryption and sent further over the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) digital encryption channel accepted for performing financial transactions, to the payment processor.
The payment processor allows the donors to deposit money through electronic medium directly to the bank account of the society.
To perform transaction, the payment processor may ask about financial instruments like Credit Card/Debit Card, UPI and others.
You should consult policy and terms & conditions of the payment processors as well.
*SSL creates a dedicated channel for information communication that is intrusion proof and preferred for performing financial transactions.
It is advised that you check for the Lock and https with the URL of all the pages that you visit to ensure that you are transferred on the authentic pages.
On the same channel the information is received back in encrypted form and stored in the database. We don’t store information of your financial instruments as mentioned in the previous clause but only mode of payment to categorize different channels used to make donations.
The information stored in the database of Indian Red Cross Society is again encrypted and protected.
The hosting service provider of Indian Red Cross Society is a reputed organization that meets all the security norms as required under the Indian Law like PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), Encrypted Communication over the SSL technology, Intrusion Detection and Prevention System (IDS/IPS), Advanced Firewall (To avoid Denial of Service Attack (DoS) and Distributed Denial of Service Attack (DDoS)), Virus protection, detecting malicious activities, continuous monitoring, preventions of Sql Injections, Cross Site Scripting (CSS), Cross Site Request Forgery(CSRF) and other Attacks.
We don’t store any malicious information on our server that may penetrate to your computer systems.
1.6 USE OF EXTERNAL WEB SERVICES/WEBSITES
1.7 YOUR RIGHTS
Though you are sent an acknowledgement in real time regarding the status of your receipt in the email, but still you own your information and have right to ask for the same from the Society.
The information that you may ask from the Society at any time may be used as follows:
- All your donations made to the society to reconcile your accounts.
- In order to report any mistakes committed while entering data and request corrections.
1.9 CONTACT US
If you have queries, we have various channels open for your facilitation. You may contact us through
Also your queries are handled through the Contact Us Page